Friday, March 03, 2006

Liberals apologizing ... my OH my!

Jane Hamsher, who runs my personal favorite liberal blog (firedoglake.blogspot.com), writes:

I'll pick up that baton from Joe -- Michael Brown was in over his head but contrary to what I snarked about at the time, the tapes show that he did appreciate the threat and he was trying to get the government to respond. They wouldn't, and they deserve to absorb every bit of scorn that was heaped on Brown at the time for their failure to do so, so I would officially like to transfer my snark. It is to Brown's credit that he's being honest about it now and refusing to be the BushCo. goat. I offer my apologies and hope that others are encouraged to follow in his footsteps

She writing in reference to former FEMA director and his recent / current "rehabilitation".

I still think that he was probably unqualified for the job and that he should not have taken the job. One of my favorite walking money theories is that the republican leadership is deliberately trying to destroy America's confidence in the federal government. Placing unqualified political hacks into high-profile positions of authority and then letting them fail is all part of that plan.

I agree that it's to his credit that he's "being honest" and I also hope that others are encouraged. However, it's no surprise that he's coming out these days, given his scapegoat status. It would have been cleaner if he would have been honest and up-front straight from the beginning instead of lying about things.

The real point here is that Jane is admiting, very publicly, that she thinks she was wrong. I do my best to hear whatever Hannity/Limbaugh and their clones are talking about and one of their favorite techniques when they are on a rant is to "call out" various liberals to apologize for this or that public speaking crime. Jane actually did it and kudo's to her! (I'm still very skeptical of heckofjob though :))

No comments: